Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Live Blogging from CAM part 1: Thoughts on YouTube

I'll try to type quietly--I'm sitting in the first of a two-part session on Web 2.0 at the California Association of Museums annual meeting being held in Fresno. Jim Angus is giving a brief overview of what stratgegies and tools comprise "Web 2.0." As he discusses YouTube and the importance of learning what content exists on YouTube about your museum, Jeremy whispers that the number one video on YouTube that comes up when you search for "museum," is an ad for the video game Halo 3 because the scene from the game takes place in a museum. I think about my impending presentation tomorrow in which I will mention, among other things, that since September, the number of hits for the search term "museum" on Flickr, YouTube and Yahoo Groups have all increased significantly. That's right: just since September.

No comments: